- Hopes that Fed curbs inflation while achieving stable US growth
- That is important not just for US but for global economy
- Fed policy decision won’t directly affect BOJ policy moves
- But could have impact on Japan’s economy, prices in the short-term
- Recent yen declines may see more Japanese firms shift production back home
Some trivial comments there by Amamiya but in the event that we do see a significant pivot in Fed policy, it will be interesting to see what the BOJ response will be. As much as they have been trying to smooth out the recent depreciation in the yen, I would argue that they are quite pleased with the development as a whole.